Recipe by KitchenManiac
Nothing got my housemates out of bed faster than these mouth watering french toast. It is fantastic too cos it is low in fat, though you would NEVER realise this when you pop some in your mouth.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 2⁄3 cup reduced-fat milk
- 8 slices bread
- maple syrup, to serve
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 5 nectarines, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the eggs, caster sugar and milk.
- Combine the ricotta, sugar and vanilla (filling).
- Spread the filling over 4 slices of bread.
- Top with nectarine slices and the remaining bread.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Dip the sandwiches into the egg mixture and cook for 5 minutes each side, or till golden brown.
- Serve in wedges with maple syrup.