This is a very tasty and inexpensive meal, taking very little cooking time. The mutton is juicy and succulent. The meat's juices incorporate into the creamy mushroom sauce, making for a flavourful, mouth-watering experience. Although the field mushrooms give the sauce a delicious richness, they can be supplemented with any type of fresh mushroom.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a hot pan, add some butter and the chops.
- 2Season chops with salt and pepper, and cook briefly on each side until browned.
- 3Remove the chops from the pan.
- 4Add onion and garlic to pan, and sautee for a few minutes.
- 5Add the mushrooms and cook until tender.
- 6Add sour cream and stir.
- 7Add vinegar/lemon juice and stir.
- 8Return the chops to the pan, bathing them in the sauce.
- 9Cover pan with lid and simmer for around 5-10 minutes, depending on how cooked you like your meat. We recommend cooking until medium-rare.
- 10Adjust seasoning (salt & pepper) as necessary.
- 11Plate with mashed potato, rice, pasta and/or vegetables.
- 12Sprinkle with chopped parsley to serve.
- 13This recipe can be easily multiplied to cater for more.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mouth-Watering Mutton With Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.0
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 34.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: