Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This has some hidden veggies in it so the little ones can get their veggies in while enjoying a great meatloaf. There's a lot of flavor to this meatloaf and I could never tell there was added veggies when I was little. So good! Serve this with some garlic mashed potatoes and fresh italian green beans. Or, for a lighter version of this... I've subsituted ground turkey and it still comes out tasting great. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard (dry)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, finely shredded
- 4 slices bread, torn into small pieces (can substitute 1 sleeve of soda crackers) or 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs (can substitute 1 sleeve of soda crackers)
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup or 1⁄2 cup chili sauce or 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 20 -30 garlic chips
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients, except ketchup and garlic chips.
- Spread mixture into ungreased loaf pan
- Spread ketchup (chili sauce or BBQ sauce) over top and arrange garlic chips on top of ketchup.
- Bake for 60 to 75 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut and serve.