Recipe by erinBOberrin
These burgers are just delicious! The ingredients make for a burger that needs little topping - keep the ketchup and mustard in your refrigerator! And please don't skip the barbecue sauce. It sounds a little odd, but it adds just the right flavor to finish off these great burgers. I'd recommend topping with lettuce, tomato and a little mayo.
Top Review by Jonahsmom
These burgers were fantastic. I made them for a large group and got rave reviews! I used panko bread crumbs with Italian seasoning and added beer instead of the wine. Ended up with 9 large burgers that barely shrank at all on the bbq. DH loved them. I will definitely be making them again.
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1⁄3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (, softened)
- 1⁄4 cup chianti wine (or other red wine)
- 1 teaspoon shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- barbecue sauce
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill or oven broiler.
- In a medium bowl, mix turkey through ground pepper.
- Form into 8 patties (or 6 larger patties).
- Grill or broil approximately 6-8 minutes on each side.
- While cooking, brush with barbecue sauce.
- Serve on toasted buns with condiments as desired.