Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From last week's "Weekend" magazine, Foodcourt column. You can make these and take them to work(for your lunch break) or pack these in tiffin boxes for your kids for school or just serve them as a snack item in the evenings! Either which ways, these are G-R-E-A-T!
Top Review by shonaaprincess
i tried these parathas but they were very difficult to make because of the water which was coming out of the carrots and making it difficult to roll and was messy. taste was good but ... i think if they are directly mixed in the folur and made, it will be easy.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (atta)
- water, to knead
- ghee or oil, to shallow fry (Use ghee for authenticity)
For the carrot and cheese filling
- 2 cups fresh carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sieve flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Add water, a little at a time, and knead well to make a dough.
- Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Now mix all the ingredients listed under carrot and cheese filling in a bowl.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls.
- Roll each ball into a paratha.
- Place spoonfuls of the carrot-cheese filling on each paratha.
- Bring together the edges of the paratha and seal completely.
- Roll out the parathas, one at a time.
- Heat a tsp.
- or two of ghee/oil on a flat bottomed pan (tava).
- Shallow fry the paratha with ghee on one side.
- When light brown specs begin to appear,flip the side, and shallow fry on the other side also briefly.
- Remove from tava.
- Wipe off excess oil on clean kitchen paper napkins.
- Likewise, repeat for all the parathas.
- Serve hot!