1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
From last week's "Weekend" magazine, Foodcourt column. You can make these and take them to work(for your lunch break) or pack these in tiffin boxes for your kids for school or just serve them as a snack item in the evenings! Either which ways, these are G-R-E-A-T!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (atta)
- water, to knead
- ghee or oil, to shallow fry (Use ghee for authenticity)
For the carrot and cheese filling
- 1Sieve flour and salt in a large bowl.
- 2Add water, a little at a time, and knead well to make a dough.
- 4Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- 5Now mix all the ingredients listed under carrot and cheese filling in a bowl.
- 6Divide the dough into 8 balls.
- 7Roll each ball into a paratha.
- 8Place spoonfuls of the carrot-cheese filling on each paratha.
- 9Bring together the edges of the paratha and seal completely.
- 10Roll out the parathas, one at a time.
- 11Heat a tsp.
- 12or two of ghee/oil on a flat bottomed pan (tava).
- 13Shallow fry the paratha with ghee on one side.
- 14When light brown specs begin to appear,flip the side, and shallow fry on the other side also briefly.
- 15Remove from tava.
- 16Wipe off excess oil on clean kitchen paper napkins.
- 17Likewise, repeat for all the parathas.
- 18Serve hot!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mouth Watering Carrot And Cheese Parathas
Serving Size: 1 (613 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.9
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 111.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 7.9 g