Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is so quick and easy. Perfect for a weeknight supper. Make ahead to bring for lunch or to chop up and serve over salad. Counts for 1 protein and 1 Melba toast under the HCG diet protocol. Taken from The HCG Diet Cookbook Gourmet Success.
- 1 melba toast, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 pinch dried rosemary
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 100 g chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine Melba crumbs with spices. Set aside.
- Mix broth and lemon juice in small bowl, dip chicken in this mixture and coat chicken with herb mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Add remaining liquid, a little at a time, if chicken dries out while baking.
I did enjoy this dish...but not sure it was mouth watering...I found that there was way too much liquid...you could cut that in half and still have plenty...I used chicken tenderloins for my 100 grams...I cut the cooking time down to 15 minutes ...made for Spring PAC 2013...=)
Succulent, juicy, tender, tasty and truly MOUTHWATERING!
Very tasty. I 4x it for my family and it was fine. Yes we did throw out liquid though. Still, I'll make this again.