Recipe by txgammi
This is one I came up with on my own and it's so easy and delicious! Everyone who has eaten it (and there have been many) have been more than generous with their praise and more than not have asked for the recipe. They're pleasantly surprised by the ease of which such a yummy dish is prepared.
- 1 chicken
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- seasoning salt
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- Accent seasoning (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash chicken thoroughly and cut into individual pieces.
- (I remove the skin but that's just a personal preference) Melt butter and pour just enough in casserole dish to coat the bottom.
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken with seasoned salt, pepper and garlic.
- Place pieces of chicken in dish.
- Slice onion and place on each piece of chicken.
- Pour remaining melted butter over top of onions and chicken.
- Place in oven and bake uncovered.
- (I baste mine appx every 15 mins while cooking) This is good served with cresent rolls, a salad, mashed potatoes and green beans or steamed broccoli with melted cheese and a baked potato.