Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Really rich so a one-third cup serving is really plenty for most people.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons strong coffee (or 3 ½ Tbl. coffee and 3 1/2 Kahlua <--do this)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- chocolate shavings
- Place chocolate chips, sugar, salt, coffee, Kahlua and egg yolks into a blender.
- In saucepan, bring cream to a boiling point, and then pour immediately into blender.
- At high speed, blend well for several minutes until dark brown& smooth.
- Pour into 10 dessert cups (1/3 cup each).
- Chill several hours before serving.
- When ready to serve (I do this about an hour before), beat whipping cream until stiff, place a dollop on each serving and sprinkle with chocolate shavings.