Recipe by JGUY
Chocolate sugar cones filled with a creamy homemade mousse then dipped in chocolate and covered in Halloween sprinkles. I love them and I hope you do to!
Top Review by windywood
This is too great. I think I will make christmas trees out of them for the holidays. Maybe melted white chocolate 'snow' dribbled on each tree and mint chocolate wafer for the bottom. Very adaptable. Thanks for the clever ideas!
- 1 3⁄4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon shortening
- 4 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 1 (4 3/4 ounce) package chocolate ice cream cones (sugar cone)
- halloween candy sprinkles
- 12 thin chocolate wafers (2 1/4-inch diameter)
Directions See How It's Made
- For mousse, in a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup cream to a boil; remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate chips until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold into the chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt semisweet chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip pointed tips of ice cream cones a third of the way into melted chocolate; roll in sprinkles.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Just before serving, spoon mousse into cones. Top each with a chocolate wafer. Invert onto a serving platter.