A lovely, rich lemon mousse that your family will love!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate 4 eggs.
- 2In a 4–qt. saucepan, whisk together 4 yolks, and 1 cup sugar.
- 3Add salt and juice and zest; stir until smooth.
- 4Place saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring, until mixture thickens to the consistency of loose pudding, about 10 minutes.
- 5Pour through a fine strainer into a large bowl, and chill.
- 6Whisk egg whites and remaining sugar in a bowl until stiff peaks form.
- 7Add to curd.
- 8Fold gently until combined. Set aside.
- 9Whisk cream and vanilla in a bowl until stiff peaks form.
- 10Add to the curd mixture. Fold until combined.
- 11Spoon mousse into serving cups.
- 12Chill before serving.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mousse Au Citron (Lemon Mousse)
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.5
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 113.3 mg
- Sodium 96.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g