1/5 Photos of Mousse au Chocolat (Chocolate mousse)
Smooth and heavenly chocolate mousse. Can be piped into individual cups before chilling and garnished with cocoa, whipped cream, or chocolate curls before serving. Recipe by Jacques Pepin
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the chocolate over hot, but not boiling, water or place in a very low oven (180-degree).
- 2Mix the sugar with 1/4 cup of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 3Boil 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, place the 4 egg yolks in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- 5Gradually add the sugar syrup, beating constantly.
- 6Continue beating for 5 to 6 minutes at high speed, or until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- 7Add the coffee concentrate, Grand Marnier, and softened butter and beat tboroughly.
- 8Stir in the melted chocolate.
- 9Beat the egg whites with a rotary or electric beater until stiff and shiny.
- 10As soon as they are ready, add to the chocolate mixture and beat in with a wire whisk.
- 11Finally, fold in the whipped cream.
- 12Pour into a large serving bowl and refrigerate until serving time.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mousse au Chocolat (Chocolate mousse)
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.5
- Calories from Fat 394
- Total Fat 43.8 g
- Saturated Fat 26.5 g
- Cholesterol 256.5 mg
- Sodium 60.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 4.6 g