Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is another delicious, busy day, recipe for your crock pot. I use lamb when I make this, but beef or turkey works well too.
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 lb ground lamb or 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 4 ounces feta cheese with garlic and herbs
- Place peeled and sliced eggplant on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Brown the ground meat in a large skillet until there is no pink remaining.
- Add the remaining ingredients- except the feta cheese- to the skillet and combine thoroughly, mixing the tomato paste completely.
- Add meat mixture to the crock pot on top of the eggplant.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Sprinkle some of the feta cheese on each serving.