Recipe by Missy Wombat
I couldn't believe that nobody had posted the recipe for mousetraps when I was looking for cheese on toast variations. Here is the downunder favourite.
- 4 slices bread, suitable for toasting
- yeast extract, eg marmite, vegemite
- cheese, eg cheddar
Directions See How It's Made
- Oven grill setting at 400°F.
- Toast the bread on both sides under the grill/broiler or alternatively pop them in the toaster to save time.
- The former does taste better.
- Spread the toast on one side only with a thin layer of the yeast extract.
- Arrange on baking tray.
- Grate or slice enough cheese to cover the bread well.
- Pop under the grill until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and cut bread slices into triangles.