Missy Wombat's Note:
I couldn't believe that nobody had posted the recipe for mousetraps when I was looking for cheese on toast variations. Here is the downunder favourite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bread, suitable for toasting
- yeast extract, eg marmite, vegemite
- cheese, eg cheddar
- 1Oven grill setting at 400°F.
- 2Toast the bread on both sides under the grill/broiler or alternatively pop them in the toaster to save time.
- 3The former does taste better.
- 4Spread the toast on one side only with a thin layer of the yeast extract.
- 5Arrange on baking tray.
- 6Grate or slice enough cheese to cover the bread well.
- 7Pop under the grill until the cheese is melted.
- 8Remove from oven and cut bread slices into triangles.
Nutritional Facts for Mousetraps
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.0
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 681.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 7.6 g