Recipe by Sonya01
fancy name for ham egg & cheese on toast.
Top Review by I'mPat
We have just enjoyed this as a light but filling dinner. For 3 I cut 5 large thick slices of sourdough, used 2 cups of grated tasty cheddar and a 1/4 cup of parmesan and shaved adelphi ham and 5 eggs (think 4 would have been o'kay). What a delight to bite through the light cheesy egg and into the smoky ham and crunchy toasty sour dough, wonderful. As a special treat I would look at replacing the ham with smoked salmon. Thank you Sonya01 for a great recipe. Made for Edition 3 - Make My Recipe - a game of tag.
- 1 small unsliced block loaf bread (cut into 8 thick slices, toasted)
- 100 g sliced leg ham
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated tasty cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a grill on medium-high heat. Place toast, in a single layer, on a baking tray. Top with ham.
- Beat egg yolks in a bowl until well combined. Stir in cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggwhites in a clean, dry bowl until stiff peaks form. Stir half the eggwhites into cheese mixture. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold in remaining eggwhites. Spoon mixture over ham. Place mousetraps under hot grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until egg mixture is golden and cooked through. Serve.