Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Very tasty. The "raclette" cheese can be purchased online at http://www.igourmet.com if you can't find any locally. The site has more than one type of raclette depending on your taste & budget
- Boil jacket potatoes and keep them hot.
- Cut the cheese in fine sections and remove the crust.
- Wash and cut the tomatoes in sections, peel the onions and cut them in slices.
- Draw up the delicatessen on a service dish.
- Each guest has a small saucepan in which the cheese melts with the garnish of his taste.
- Place a pepper mill and paprika at the disposal of the guests.
This looks like a combination of Raclette(melted cheese with potatoes, onions and pickles) and Pierrade (grilled meats and vegetables). We love both of these events from the Haute Savoie region of France. In truth, they are not usually served together in France or Switzerland, but use the same type of heat source, so the combo does work. One should be warned that the cheese has a mild taste but a strong odor and unappetizing appearance.
Simply Fantastic! Love the recipe Mark, keep up the good work. :)