Recipe by Mark O.
Very tasty. The "raclette" cheese can be purchased online at http://www.igourmet.com if you can't find any locally. The site has more than one type of raclette depending on your taste & budget
Top Review by marciado
This looks like a combination of Raclette(melted cheese with potatoes, onions and pickles) and Pierrade (grilled meats and vegetables). We love both of these events from the Haute Savoie region of France. In truth, they are not usually served together in France or Switzerland, but use the same type of heat source, so the combo does work. One should be warned that the cheese has a mild taste but a strong odor and unappetizing appearance.
- 1⁄3 lb raclette cheese
- 2 -3 potatoes
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 slices pancetta
- 2 slices meat (from Grison region of Switzerland)
- black olives
- white onion
- sweet and sour pickles
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil jacket potatoes and keep them hot.
- Cut the cheese in fine sections and remove the crust.
- Wash and cut the tomatoes in sections, peel the onions and cut them in slices.
- Draw up the delicatessen on a service dish.
- Each guest has a small saucepan in which the cheese melts with the garnish of his taste.
- Place a pepper mill and paprika at the disposal of the guests.