Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A roasting pan full of granola made from quality ingredients
Make and share this Mountains of Peace Granola recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups oats (quick oats)
- 4 cups mixed nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sunflower seeds (shelled)
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil or 1 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- In a large roasting pan blend dry ingredients. Gently heat the oil, honey and maple syrup in a sauce pan. Add vanilla. Blend wet ingredients into the roasting pan.
- Bake covered at 300F for 15 minutes. Stir, then repeat 3 more times. Before the last (5th) bake session, stir in 3 handfuls of raisins.
- Let cool. Store in an airtight container.