Recipe by echo echo
Keep up your energy on the trail with these yummy treats. Don't use instant oatmeal. Number of bars depends on what size you cut them.
Top Review by Kaarin
These were great little bars. I wouldn't take them on the trail though-they were a little too crumbly to last in a backpack. But I would definitely eat them to keep up my energy at home! Yummy.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked rolled oats
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate or 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnut pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- With a hand mixer, cream together butter and sugar, then blend in eggs and vanilla, then flour and baking soda.
- With a large spoon, stir in the ingredients oats through nuts.
- Spread in a greased 13 x 9-inch pan, bake 25-30 minutes at 375F, let cool and cut into bars.