I tried to make soft white bread in my bread machine, but every recipe I tried didn’t rise, or came out too heavy, or wasn't soft enough. I live in the mountains and have some problems with bread rising, but I kept wondering why none of the recipes I tried would work because my cinnamon-raisin bread recipe always comes out perfect. Then I got an idea. Why not try the cinnamon raisin bread and keep out the cinnamons and raisins? Now I make the biggest loaves of soft white bread every time!
- 1. Add all ingredients to the pan in the order according to the manual (liquids first, then dry ingredients, then yeast).
- 2. Select "Basic Setting" (Setting 1) but do not allow the Process to go all the way to "Bake". I turn off the machine and remove the dough after the "Rise 2" cycle is complete (dough will be easier to handle if you let it complete "Rise 2").
- Use Bread Machine "Home Made" Setting (Setting #11) if you have it and are comfortable using it.
- The Process times are:.
- "Knead 1" – 10 minutes.
- "Rise 1" – 25 minutes.
- "Knead 2" - 15 minutes.
- "Rise 2" – 35 minutes.
- "Rise 3" – 0 minutes.
- "Bake" – 0 minutes.
- Let Machine finish first four Processes ONLY.
- Turn off the machine and remove the dough after the "Rise 2" cycle is complete (dough will be easier to handle if you let it complete "Rise 2").
- 3. Put dough in bread pan. Cover with cloth. Let rise for about another hour, or until dough is about 1 inch above pan.
- 4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put pan in center of oven. Turn oven temp down to 300 degrees. Bake 30 minutes. Let cool on rack for about 15 minutes. Then remove from pan and serve warm with butter or thoroughly cool on rack.