Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A wonderful Dutch oven breakfast perfect for camping trips.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 12 eggs, beaten
- salt & pepper
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces salsa
- Fry bacon and onion together.
- Remove bacon and onion and drain on paper towels.
- Wipe excess grease out of dutch oven.
- Fry hash brown potatoes.
- Add onions and bacon.
- Pour beaten eggs over mixture, cover and cook until almost solid.
- Season to taste.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Cover until cheese is melted.
- Serve with salsa.
we messed up on the coals but it was totally worth the wait
We tried these for the first time in our Dutch oven over the fire. We had to add quite a bit of oil (maybe our oven isn't seasoned well enough yet, it's new) for the bacon and onion. However, it went together easy and tasted good. I had the cheese all shredded, but forgot to take it out and use it! Less fat, I guess.