Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
From "Paula Deen's Best Desserts" magazine.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) instant lemon-flavored pudding mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can Mountain Dew soda (not diet)
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 325° Spray a 12 to 15 cup fluted pan with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pudding mix. Add soda, oil, and eggs. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
This is a very easy yet delicious bundt cake that needs only a dusting of powdered sugar on top, if desired. I made this for Easter a couple of years ago and EVERYONE loved it. It is requested that I make for various functions over the year. Very moist with a great lemon flavor. I have also had many requests for the recipe. Thanks Paula!
There are several recipes out there for Mt. Dew cake, but this is the recipe I use. This cake is requested at least twice a year by my family. It is so easy to make, delicious, and very moist. There is no need for a glaze or frosting. I was happy when I saw you had posted this recipe. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you so much for posting this recipe. I have the exact same recipe. It turns out delicious every time. I have a very finicky oven, so the cooking time gets cut down by about 5 minutes. I've already made it five times, and each time it never failed. It's very hard to mess up!