Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this from our local utility magazine from shared users recipies section...so good and easy to make.
- 1 box Duncan Hines orange cake mix
- 1 can Mountain Dew soda
- 1 box coconut pudding mix (jello)
- 1 cup Crisco cooking oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 lb margarine
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 box angelflake coconut or 1 cup chopped nuts
- Mix all ingredients well and bake in three cake pans for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool before icing.
- Icing: mix first four ingredients and cook on low heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook until thickened and allow to cool before icing cake.
- Sprinkle with coconut or pecans.
Talk about a melt in your mouth cake! This is one cake that did not stay around for me nibble on all day. It's one of those desserts that you can take to a family reunion and everyone will want the recipe.
This was good but really sweet and rich.
Great Cake! I took it to a party and everyone want the recipe! Thanks for sharing!