- 1 (18 ounce) box orange cake mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can Mountain Dew soda
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (4 ounce) can coconut flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the cake mix, pudding and the oil in a bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Add the Mountain Dew.
- Grease and flour 3 9" pans and pour the batter, baking at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, mix and cook the first three icing ingredients, stirring until thick. Remove from heat and add butter and coconut flakes.
- Ice while the mixture is still hot.