Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I grew up loving Mountain Dew, so when I found this recipe I HAD to try it! It's a very simple, light cake. Enjoy!
- 1 (18 ounce) box orange cake mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can Mountain Dew soda
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (4 ounce) can coconut flakes
- Mix the cake mix, pudding and the oil in a bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Add the Mountain Dew.
- Grease and flour 3 9" pans and pour the batter, baking at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, mix and cook the first three icing ingredients, stirring until thick. Remove from heat and add butter and coconut flakes.
- Ice while the mixture is still hot.
We really enjoyed this cake. The coconut and pineapple blended with the orange cake very nicely. Thanks for posting this lovely recipe.
This cake is so good! I made it for a birthday and he loved it! It is super moist and so tasty!
Saw this recipe & since I'm a fan of Mountain Dew . . . Followed the ingredients this time around, but next time would like to add a bit of orange zest! Enjoyed the combo of the orange cake, pudding & additional coconut! Very nice cake! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]