Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe while surfing the net. I've not tried it yet. Sounds really easy to "Dew"....
- 2 (8 count) cans crescent rolls
- 3 -4 tart apples
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (12 ounce) can Mountain Dew soda
- Spray a 13x9 baking dish or pan.
- Peel and slice apples into 16 pieces.
- Roll each apple slice in 1 section of crescent roll.
- Place rolled slices in pan in two rows, put extras along side.
- Melt butter, add sugar and cinnamon and pour over apples.
- Pour can of Mountain Dew over all.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
You can easily make the calorie content of this recipe 5x's lower by using splenda instead of sugar (1 Cup of Splenda), use diet mt. dew instead of regular (8oz is plenty) and finally use light butter in replacement of "full" butter. Other than that it's a great yummy easy recipe!!! Enjoy the lighter side!!
We tried these this weekend for our Easter desert. Surprisingly easy & good. I did think they were overly sweet so next time I will cut down to 1 C sugar. I used diet Mt. Dew as that is all I have on hand. I used 1/2 a can & we had plenty of sauce. I cooked them in the oven without any of the sauce for 10 minutes, then added the sugar butter sauce & Mt. Dew. I think this helps keep them from being to doughy on the bottom. Thanks for a good recipe!
OH HAPPY DAY!! These are really Great and ever so simple to make. The 9 x 13" pyrex dish which contained these dumplings disappeared in no time. A keeper fer shure.