Recipe by Jan in Lanark
I always have a supply of frozen berries and love to make this pie. Thaw just enough to separate- could use fresh if available. Feel free to use more or less of a certain berry, as long as the total amount is around 4 cups.
Top Review by Sydney1126
This pie was wonderful! The directions were spoton and very easy for a beginner to follow. I used a frozen berry medley. Like another reviewer I used 1 tbs more cornstarch and a little less water to account for the berry juices. I omitted the butter. I didnt put the cinnamon in the fruit but did sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on the crust. Thank you, Jan for helping a novice pie maker FEEL like an accomplished baker. :D I was so confident I even made a lattice crust for it!! My family loved it. This is DEFINITELY a keeper recipe I will enjoy making again & again.
- pastry for double-crust pie
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberry
- 3⁄4 cup blackberry
- 3⁄4 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon in a large saucepan.
- Stir in berries and add water and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat just to the boiling point- it should be thickened. If berries are frozen this takes a little while.
- Pour into pie shell and dot with butter.
- Top with a lattice crust or full crust with slits cut.
- Brush top with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.