I always have a supply of frozen berries and love to make this pie. Thaw just enough to separate- could use fresh if available. Feel free to use more or less of a certain berry, as long as the total amount is around 4 cups.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon in a large saucepan.
- Stir in berries and add water and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat just to the boiling point- it should be thickened. If berries are frozen this takes a little while.
- Pour into pie shell and dot with butter.
- Top with a lattice crust or full crust with slits cut.
- Brush top with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.