Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Does this cake catch your eye? It is not only beautiful but melts in your mouth; it is so moist. It's a must try for any apple lover!! Very easy recipe.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups sliced apples
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, black walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- additional nuts (to garnish)
- Mix eggs, oil, and sugar. Blend well.
- Sift flour, salt,soda and cinnamon.
- Add to egg mixture.
- Add vanilla, apples and nuts. Mix well.
- Pour into a 9 inch bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 to 1-1/2 hours at 350°F until cake is set in the middle and is golden brown.
- Meanwhile combine brown sugar, milk, butter, and vanilla in a sauce pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour over cake while it is hot out of the oven (leave cake in the bundt pan).
- When cooled completely remove cake to a serving plate.
- For frosting, combine powdered sugar, mayonnaise, vanilla and milk until a smooth, slightly thick icing forms.
- Once cake is cooled drizzle icing over entire cake.
- Sprinkle with additional nuts and enjoy!
- I have done several variations such as added raisins, mango, and even bananas with the apples they all have came out great!
- Just play with the recipe and add your favorites and it sure to be a hit at any party or family gathering.
This cake was very good. Too sweet for me but it was very pretty and turned out. However I don't care for the pouring the sugar mixture over the bottom that is just weird to me. It made the bottom of the cake soggy. Because the recipe called for an 8 inch bunt pan it didn't work very well. I had to poke holes in the bottom of the cake and pour it in. If it was a larger pan it wouldn't of been much of a problem I don't think. Anyhow when I make this again I will leave out the extra on the bottom. Thanks for the recipe and I will make again with subtle changes.