Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From THE MOUNT VERNON COOKBOOK, pg. 150
- 3 teaspoons shallots, minced (or green onions with tops)
- 2⁄3 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, 3-4 grinds
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar (or white wine)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (good quality)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (or peanut oil)
- 1 tablespoon fresh herb (parsley, tarragon, chervil, basil)
- Put all ingredients in screw-top jar and shake vigorously.
A really nice vinaigrette. It was easy to make ~ I was unsure whether to use just one herb or a mixture so I used a mixture of basil and parsley. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2008.