Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Oozy chocolate goodness! They're not pretty when they come out of the oven, but serve these delicious little cakes warm to your guests and you'll have cupcake friends for life. :)
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted cold butter
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 eggs, beaten
- 1 pinch salt
- 7 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Butter and flour a 12-cupcake/muffin pan, standard size.
- Over medium heat in a large heavy saucepan, put the cold butter and let it melt halfway.
- Add the chocolate pieces to the halfway melted butter and cook, stirring, until the chocolate is half melted; remove the saucepan from the heat and stir until smooth.
- Add in the sugar, vanilla, eggs, and salt, stirring until smooth.
- Add the flour, stirring until just blended (don't overmix).
- Pour the batter into each cupcake mold in the pan, the batter filling them about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 15 minutes until the cupcake edges are set but the centers remain moist and sunken.
- Cool the muffin pan on a rack for 5 minutes, then carefully run a knife around the edges of the cupcakes, gently remove from the pan, and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Let muffins cool for 10 minutes on the rack, sprinkle with powdered sugar through a sieve, then serve immediately.