Recipe by ThatSouthernBelle
From the Holy Monastery of Simonopetra, Mount Athos (Greece) From the Greek Gourmet Traveler Winter-Spring 2007 edition for Kerasma. Prep and Cook time a guess.
- 2 1⁄2 quarts water
- 1 cup short-grain white rice
- 7 -8 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 -2 lemon, juice of
- 2 carrots, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh green onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil rice in water and salt until tender.
- Remove from flame and add half of lemon juice.
- In a medium bowl mix tahini with one cup of soup broth until creamy, adding more broth if necessary.
- Mix in remaining lemon juice.
- Pour mixture into soup stirring constantly until liquids blend.
- Stir in carrots, green onions, and parsley.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Serve with.
- lemon wedges and whole wheat rusks (paximadia).