1/8 Photos of Mounds Rich, Moist and Chewy Macaroon Cookies
These are the best macaroons I've ever made! Slightly crunchy on the outside; rich, moist and chewy on the inside! Just the way we like them! The original recipe was off the back of the bag of Mounds brand coconut, but the baking time was off a bit as well as the amount of coconut required to roll them in. So here's how I made them! ENJOY! They are really good!!! Hope you try them! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup butter, softened (*I use unsalted real butter)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups mounds sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- maraschino cherry, halves (optional)
- 1In large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar til well blended.
- 2Add egg yolk, o.j., and almond extract.
- 3In small bowl, whisk/mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- 4Gradually add to butter mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- 5Stir in well, 3 cups coconut.
- 6Cover and chill 1 hour or til firm enough to handle and roll into balls.
- 7Heat oven to 350.
- 8Shape dough into 1 inch balls, roll into last cup of coconut. You can lightly press it on a little.
- 9Place onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- 10Bake 12-15 minutes (MINE TOOK 15! *the original recipe said 10-12 and that wasn't EVEN long enough, they sank after I took them out and had to re-bake them!)or until lightly browned. I suggest at LEAST 13 minutes, but again, mine took 15.
- 11Leave them on the cookie sheet 1 minute, then carefully and gently remove to wire racks to cool.
- 12*You can gently press a maraschino cherry half in the center of each cookie on top, if desired, before baking.
- 13Makes 3-3 1/2 dozen.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mounds Rich, Moist and Chewy Macaroon Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (879 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1307.4
- Calories from Fat 685
- Total Fat 76.2 g
- Saturated Fat 58.7 g
- Cholesterol 148.2 mg
- Sodium 993.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 151.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 104.1 g
- Protein 12.1 g