Baking Barb's Note:
These are a chocolate chip cookie based on one of my favorite candies - the Mounds bar. Change the dark chocolate chips to milk chocolate and add some chopped toasted almonds and you have an Almond Joy in cookie form.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla, if you can find Tahitian vanilla it makes this cookie amazing
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips, one regular size bag
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cream together butter and sugars.
- 3Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- 4Add in vanilla.
- 5Add 1/2 cup flour, baking soda and powder, and salt and mix well.
- 6Gently stir in remaining flour.
- 7When almost combined, stir in coconut and chocolate chips.
- 8Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- 9Bake for 14-16 minutes.
- 10Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then cool completely on wire rack
- 11Store in an airtight container at room temperature for several days or in the freezer for several months.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mounds Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1600 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1436.2
- Calories from Fat 713
- Total Fat 79.3 g
- Saturated Fat 53.5 g
- Cholesterol 172.0 mg
- Sodium 757.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 181.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 123.9 g
- Protein 13.8 g