Recipe by Baking Barb
These are a chocolate chip cookie based on one of my favorite candies - the Mounds bar. Change the dark chocolate chips to milk chocolate and add some chopped toasted almonds and you have an Almond Joy in cookie form.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla, if you can find Tahitian vanilla it makes this cookie amazing
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips, one regular size bag
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Add in vanilla.
- Add 1/2 cup flour, baking soda and powder, and salt and mix well.
- Gently stir in remaining flour.
- When almost combined, stir in coconut and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then cool completely on wire rack
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for several days or in the freezer for several months.