Recipe by Elana's Pantry
These mounds bars are easy to make and rich with dark chocolate and a coconut filling consisting of shredded coconut, coconut oil and agave. http://www.elanaspantry.com/mounds-candy-bars/
Top Review by Ambervim
I used coconut cream, which now comes in a plastic flip top bottle so using a little is easy, instead of oil. Since I don't keep coconut oil in the house, this small change makes it much more likely I will make it again.
- 3⁄4 cup dark chocolate, 73%
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (if you want a sweeter filling, try 2 tablespoons)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate in a small pan over very low heat; you can use a double boiler if you wish and temper the chocolate.
- Using a small paint brush, coat the bottom and sides of a mounds candy mold.
- Place mold in freezer for 10 minutes to allow chocolate to harden.
- In a small bowl, combine shredded coconut, coconut oil and agave.
- Remove mold from freezer.
- Fill chocolate lined molds with coconut mixture.
- Paint chocolate over coconut mixture to cover bars.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes to harden.
- Remove from freezer, turn mold upside down and pop mounds out of mold.