Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This contains no actual candy; it's merely a brownie-styled nod to a wonderful little candy bar.
Make and share this Mounds Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded coconut (mixed sweetened and unsweetened)
- 1⁄4 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 7 by 11 inch rectangular pan with parchment paper and leave some extra overlap to lift out brownies later.
- In a medium bowl, stir all coconut layer ingredients together with a fork or with (clean) hands until it is pasty.
- In another bowl, stir together butter and sugar, then add eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Put 2/3 of brownie batter into prepared pan.
- Top as evenly as possible with coconut mixture.
- Top with spoonfuls of remaining brownie batter.
- Bake until top is dry to the touch (30 to 35 minute).
- Reduce heat to 325 F and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Cool well, then refrigerate for one hour.
- Lift entire cake from pan with liner overlaps and cut into squares.
- You can drizzle on some melted semi-sweet or milk chocolate for an extra touch.
- These freeze well.
my hubby ate 1/2 the pan!! So, this is a keeper. It's easy to make and the only change I made was NOT using parchment paper. I sprayed my baking dish with pam, baked it, cooled it, and put in fridge for 1 hr like it said. No need to freeze them at my house! they disappear too fast!! Also, I did end up mixing the coconut mixture with my hands (clean of course)
These get a 5 star rating from me! They are moist and ooohh so chocolaty!
WWWWWOOOOOWWWWW these were the BEST brownies I've ever eaten!! I made a batch to take to work yesterday and they were gone before lunchtime (only 6 people in the office). Soooo I'm making another batch tonight!