This contains no actual candy; it's merely a brownie-styled nod to a wonderful little candy bar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups shredded coconut (mixed sweetened and unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line a 7 by 11 inch rectangular pan with parchment paper and leave some extra overlap to lift out brownies later.
- 3In a medium bowl, stir all coconut layer ingredients together with a fork or with (clean) hands until it is pasty.
- 4In another bowl, stir together butter and sugar, then add eggs and vanilla.
- 5Stir in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- 6Put 2/3 of brownie batter into prepared pan.
- 7Top as evenly as possible with coconut mixture.
- 8Top with spoonfuls of remaining brownie batter.
- 9Bake until top is dry to the touch (30 to 35 minute).
- 10Reduce heat to 325 F and bake for 10 more minutes.
- 11Cool well, then refrigerate for one hour.
- 12Lift entire cake from pan with liner overlaps and cut into squares.
- 13You can drizzle on some melted semi-sweet or milk chocolate for an extra touch.
- 14These freeze well.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mounds Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.5
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 30.7 mg
- Sodium 90.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 19.2 g
- Protein 1.8 g