Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cooking time is set up time.
- 5 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) package coconut
- 2 (12 ounce) packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Blend the milk and the vanilla.
- Add the sugar a little at a time till smooth.
- Stir in the coconut. The mixture should be firm.
- Pat firmly into a 9x13 pan and chill till firm.
- Cut into bars and dip into melted chocolate and let cool on waxed paper for several hours.
Yep, these really DO taste like Mounds bars! They're delicious, and the recipe makes a pretty big batch (if you cut them small), so they're convenient for including in candy gift boxes for holidays and special occasions. I found this recipe difficult to make using plain chocolate chips. The chocolate didn't melt smoothly, and the coconut was difficult to dip. When I used candy quality chocolate instead (and melted it on a double broiler instead of in the microwave, which I originally tried) they turned out much better. Also, I found that the smaller you cut the squares, the easier they were to dip. I kept mine under 1 square inch.
this recipie is one of the best and easiest i have used. It really does taste like a mounds bar. Fast and easy and the kids will love them as much as you do.
I really think these will turn out great-they're chillin out right now in the fridge waitin for chocolate. I'm not sure what the metric amounts all were even after using the converter, so I ended up using a 200g pkg coconut, 300 ml can sw cond milk, and 3 c icing sugar. Can't wait! These bars will b my sugar/choc. fix for as long as they last.