Recipe by Smile1968
These taste just like the candy bar! I sometimes add almonds to make it like an Almond Joy. Very Yummy! I don't know exactly how many servings this makes, it depends on the size you would like.
Top Review by The Jelly Room
Made these for my neice's graduation party since I had all the ingerdients on hand. I cut them quite small, about 3/4 x 1 1/2"...and I topped them with toasted shaved almonds. The recipe was requested by guests, so that is a success to me! It's not something I have ever seen on a dessssert table yet. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter or margarine. Mix and pat into the bottom of one 9x13 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 minutes.
- Combine the condensed milk and flaked coconut. Spread over the crust and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 minutes.
- Spread the melted chocolate chips over the top. Let cool and cut into squares.
- I usually sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top and put back into the warm oven for a minute or so and then spread it over the bars with a butter knife.
- Sometimes when you cut the bars after the chocolate hardens,the squares don't come out very uniform. Try taking a butter knife while the chocolate is still warm and run it over the bars in the sizes you want, so that when the chocolate does harden the pieces come out better.