Recipe by nomnom
Before I turned healthier and swore off candy, I LOVED Almond Joy and Mounds. Here's my compromise
- 1 pie crust (try 1-1/2 Ingredient Fiber Crust with 2-3 tbsp cocoa powder) (optional)
- 1 box fat-free sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups nonfat milk or 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons vinegar (omit if using buttermilk)
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (if you feel like a nut) (optional)
- 1 envelope knox gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat-free cool whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare small box instant pudding, using buttermilk instead of milk.
- Mix in extract (s); set aside.
- Prepare 1 envelope Knox gelatin with 1/4 cup cold water.
- Use glass measuring cup to mix gelatin.
- Set mixture in a pot or pan of hot water, while still in the cup, to help dissolve gelatin.
- Gelatin is dissolved when mixture is clear.
- Wire whisk gelatin into pudding and fold in the 8-oz cool whip.
- Pour into prepared crust; chill.