Mussels taste of the sea and a quick and easy to cook. I was always told to drink a glass or 2 of wine when eating mussels - why? I don't know.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a casserole pot.
- 2Add onions, celery, and saute for a few minutes.
- 3Add the wine a bring to the boil.
- 4Add the mussels and place lid on pot give a good shake to mix.
- 5Cook until mussels have opened shaking even now and again.
- 6Add 1 tablespoon of butter, cream and the parsley and stir.
- 7Serve with crusty bread or as in Belgium with frites.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moules Marinieres - Belgian Mussels
Serving Size: 1 (684 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 675.1
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 187.1 mg
- Sodium 1539.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 60.5 g