Recipe by Coasty
Mussels taste of the sea and a quick and easy to cook. I was always told to drink a glass or 2 of wine when eating mussels - why? I don't know.
Top Review by English_Rose
I adore mussels and I loved this recipe! So much so I ate the whole 1kg of mussels myself!!! Served with crusty bread to sop up the lovely juices - mmmmm will definitely be making this again and soon! Thank you so much - made for ZWT6. Almost forgot, I added a finely chopped clove of garlic to the onions and celery just because I love garlic!
- 1 kg mussels, cleaned
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 stick celery, sliced
- 200 ml white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a casserole pot.
- Add onions, celery, and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the wine a bring to the boil.
- Add the mussels and place lid on pot give a good shake to mix.
- Cook until mussels have opened shaking even now and again.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter, cream and the parsley and stir.
- Serve with crusty bread or as in Belgium with frites.