Recipe by PSU Lioness
This was found in a PLCB "Taste" magazine as one of the featured recipes. It sounds fabulous and I can't wait to try it this summer!
- 4 lbs prince edward island mussels
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 4 -6 shallots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- ground black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash mussels several times.
- Place in a large pot with wine, shallots, 3/4 of the parsley, butter, pepper and salt (if using).
- Cook on high, preferably covered, about 4-6 minutes or until mussels have opened, stirring occasionally with a slotted spoon. Discard any mussels that didn't open during cooking.
- Arrange mussels in serving bowls and taste the broth for seasoning.
- Stir in the remaining parsley and spoon sauce over the mussels. The mussels may release sand during cooking, so avoid spooning sauce from the very bottom of the pot.
- The recipe in the magazine suggested serving with grilled croutons and Saffron aioli, but did not give the recipes to make them.