Moules Et Frites (Mussels and Fries)
- Wash and clean the mussels.
- Discard any that are open and do not close when tapped sharply.
- Take a large lidded pan that will hold all the mussels.
- Add the mussels, butter, onion, white wine and half the parsley.
- Put over a high heat.
- Cover and cook until they are all open, removing the lid to turn the mussels occasionally.
- When they are all open remove from the heat and set aside for about 30 minutes to let any grit settle to the bottom of the pan.
- Scoop out the mussels with a large slotted spoon and divide between four plates.
- Pour all the juices from the pan over the mussels, holding back the last tbsp or so.
- Sprinkle the remaining parsley over the mussels and serve with mayonnaise. and chips.