My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and clean the mussels.
- 2Discard any that are open and do not close when tapped sharply.
- 3Take a large lidded pan that will hold all the mussels.
- 4Add the mussels, butter, onion, white wine and half the parsley.
- 5Put over a high heat.
- 6Cover and cook until they are all open, removing the lid to turn the mussels occasionally.
- 7When they are all open remove from the heat and set aside for about 30 minutes to let any grit settle to the bottom of the pan.
- 8Scoop out the mussels with a large slotted spoon and divide between four plates.
- 9Pour all the juices from the pan over the mussels, holding back the last tbsp or so.
- 10Sprinkle the remaining parsley over the mussels and serve with mayonnaise. and chips.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moules Et Frites (Mussels and Fries)
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.7
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 70.9 mg
- Sodium 570.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 23.8 g