Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Betty Crocker. I did change up a bit. Makes for a nice and very easy meal when you are pressed for time.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 8 ounces boneless chicken breasts, sliced in strips
- pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce (as much as you like, recipe calls for 1/3 cup)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger (can use 1 to 2 tablespoon fresh)
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups coleslaw mix (may use 3 cups shredded cabbage)
- 1 cup carrot, cut in matchstick size
- flour, tortillas. warmed
- In a 10 inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Pepper chicken and put chicken in skillet and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center.
- About 2 minutes before chicken is done, if using, add red pepper flakes and garlic.
- Stir in hoisin sauce, ginger, wine, sugar, coleslaw mix and carrots. Cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly, until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Warm tortilla as directed on package.
- Place a portion of chicken mixture on each tortilla, roll tortilla around filling.
- If desired, you can serve with plum sauce or other sauce of your choosing.
This made for a quick, tasty weeknight meal, even having to use homemade hoison sauce ( Hoisin Sauce ). It was a good use of the rest of the leftover coleslaw mix in the fridge. Served with some edamame and fruit. Thanks for posting!
Really quick & tasty meal with a great combination of flavors. I made exactly as described other than I used a little extra chicken.
Super easy to make, I doubled the chicken and the sauce and made my own coleslaw mix consisting of green cabbage, red cabbage (equal amounts), 2 medium carrots grated and 1 large spring onion finely sliced but I didn't cook it with the chicken because we like the raw crunchy taste in the wrap with the chicken and drizzling some of the sauce over the chicken and coleslaw. I used rye and wholegrain tortillas. Good easy quick mid week meal we enjoyed. The DH and DS had 2 while the DM and myself had 1 each. Thank you happynana, made as a Recipenap for Recipe Swap #34 November 2009 Aussie/Kiwi forum.