Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This Southwestern hot sauce is fiery without the dullness of just chile and vinegar. Cook the chile powder in a well ventilated area or outside on your barbeque burner.
- 3⁄4 cup red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1⁄4 cup green chili sauce
- 1 cup V8 vegetable juice
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 1⁄4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄4 ounce dark chocolate
- Preheat cast iron skillet on burner until medium hot.
- Add Crisco and melt.
- Combine chile powder, onion powder and garlic powder in skillet.
- Cook for five minutes.
- Lower heat to low.
- Add green chile sauce and the vegetable juice.
- Simmer for another five minutes.
- Add chocolate.
- Simmer for two minutes until sauce is well blended.
- Turn heat off.
- Add vinegars, lime juice and the spices.
- Stir well and add xanthan gum powder.
- Bottle sauce and age in refrigerator for two week before using for best flavor.