Recipe by Jeffrey Cole
This recipe is dedicated to the late Ricky (Motor) Cole who enjoyed Spice in life! This Salsa is easy to make and taste great!
- 3 cups chopped peeled cored tomatoes
- 3 cups chopped jalapeno peppers (seed if desired)
- 2 cups chopped green peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced pimento
- 2 tabelspoons minced cilantro
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup cider vinegar, 5% acidity
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare home canning jars and lids according to manufacture's instructions.
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepot.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Carefully ladle hot salsa into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
- Wipe rim and threads of the jar with a clean, damp cloth.
- Place lid on jar and screw band sown evenly and firmly, fingertip tight.
- Process 15 minutes in a boiling water canner.
- Remove pint jars from water bath and allow to cool and seal.