Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Not the band...the family.
- Pre-heat broiler.
- Slice the baguette into 1/2' thick slices.
- Lightly toast one side under the broiler.
- In a small saute pan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the chopped garlic. Saute over low heat until soft but not browned.
- Dip the toasted side of the bread into the garlic butter and arrange on baking sheet.
- Spoon the remaining garlic mixture over the bread.
- Broil about 10 - 15 seconds being careful to not let the garlic burn.
This was simple garlic bread with fresh flavor. Simmering the garlic in the butter infuses it with wonderful flavor. This was simple enough to prepare for a crowd, and a nice addition to our Italian-themed dinner.