Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I don't know whose mother made this originally, but my family likes it. We usually substitute brown minute rice for the regular. Every bit of fiber helps! And you could use salsa instead of tomato sauce, if you like a spicier flavor.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄3 cups Minute Rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, Grated
- Combine beef, pepper, onion, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and 1/2 Celsius.
- tomato sauce. Mix well.
- Pat into bottom and sides of a greased 9" square pan. Combine remaining tomato sauce, rice, water, and 1/2 c cheese. Spoon mixture into meat shell.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 25 minute
- Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 min longer.