Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Okay, not my mother's but my friend Natalie's mother's sauce. This recipe was given to me at my "cooking" themed bridal shower years ago. I got a lot of really cool kitchen gadgets but more importantly everyone brought me a family recipe to treasure! Adjust water if necessary.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the onion and garlic until golden brown.
- Add the beef and cook until the meat looses it's red color.
- Add mushrooms and cook 3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, water, salt, pepper, sugar, oregano, bay leaf, and Italian seasoning.
- Simmer uncovered for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.