2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Okay, not my mother's but my friend Natalie's mother's sauce. This recipe was given to me at my "cooking" themed bridal shower years ago. I got a lot of really cool kitchen gadgets but more importantly everyone brought me a family recipe to treasure! Adjust water if necessary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a pan and sauté the onion and garlic until golden brown.
- 2Add the beef and cook until the meat looses it's red color.
- 3Add mushrooms and cook 3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add tomatoes, tomato paste, water, salt, pepper, sugar, oregano, bay leaf, and Italian seasoning.
- 5Simmer uncovered for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mother's Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (2532 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.1
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 1286.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 18.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: