Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Mother used to make this when we were kids, and I still love it today. It is plain, simple, and certainly not gourmet!
- Pour olive oil into large skillet with heat on medium.
- Slice onions into wedges and put in pan.
- Saute until all slivers separate.
- Lower heat, cover, and cook until clear and tender being careful not to burn.
- Add tomato soup and stir until hot, but do not allow to boil.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, and a tall glass of cold milk.
We ate this a lot when I was growing up. The only thing we did different was to chop 1/2 cup onion along with ground meat and brown before adding tomato soup. Never had any leftovers. Nice quick dinner.
It IS plain and simple! Perfect for the kids. While my adult tastebuds are a little more sophisticated, my kids LOVED it! Excellent choice if you have picky kids.
It tastes like thickened soup over noodles.