Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Cooking Light 2003
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into 32 bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 red onion, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 large green bell pepper, cut up
- 8 button mushrooms
- 8 large cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- cooking spray
- To prepare marinade, combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag, add chicken.
- Seal and marinate in refrigerator for 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove chicken from bag, discard marinade.
- Thread onto skewers alternating with vegetables.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Coat grill with cooking spray and grill 12 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve with Tzatziki Sauce.