Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This cake recipe was my grandmother's. Every step is how she did it. I loved this cake so much. I wish she was still here so she could share this with all of you, but she is not, so in her memory I will. In loving memory of my grandmother, Beulah Register.
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or flavoring of your choice)
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk, for a chocolate cake
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 13x9 inch pan and lightly flour.
- Mix eggs, oil, and sugar in large bowl with a fork.
- Add flour and milk in small amounts at a time.
- Add flavoring.
- Mix batter with a fork about 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into the pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean or cake springs back when lightly touched in the center.
This cake is a breeze to put together and has an old fashioned flavor and texture that you just cannot find in todays cake mixes. I chose the chocolate flavor option and it was lightly flavored and delicious. I feel honored to share in your families tradition Drago....it was delicious!
i tried this cake twice .. one vanilla and one chocolate and neither of them tasted right. i dont recommend this . but im glad to have tried a family recipe :-D