Recipe by Jacqueline in KY
This was a recipe that my Mother fixed quite often, she loved it. I usually take it to showers and potlucks, always get requests for the recipe. Was requested by so many people at church that we finally put it in the newsletter. I think you will like this, it is different from most pea salads.
Top Review by Tisherself
Absolutely delicious!! I took this to a quilting meeting/potluck lunch yesterday, and it was everybody's favorite part of the lunch!! They all want the recipe. I only had a little left over to bring home to DH, but he was might glad i did! He, who doesn't really care much for peas, raved about it! I followed the recipe exactly except that I didn't measure the pinientos. I just used the whole tiny little 2 oz. jar. This is a great dish to take to any gathering. Thank you so much for sharing!
- 1 (18 ounce) bag frozen peas, thawed, not cooked
- 1 cup water chestnut (chopped)
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine (fresh)
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons pimientos, diced
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits (I use breakfast bacon and crumble)
- 2 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- salt and pepper