Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Have been using this recipe for years for my cookie baskets during the holidays as well as sending to my brother when he was overseas. It is a basic,good refrigerator cookie dough that travels well.
- Cream butter.
- Add sugars; mix well.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Add flour, soda, salt, oatmeal and nuts and mix well.
- Shape into rolls on waxed paper.
- Chill in refrigerator or freezer.
- Slice 1/4-inch thick.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350°F.
- Yield: 5 dozen cookies.
These are wonderful cookies!! I loved them!! I have tried a few oatmeal cookie recipes trying to get this crispie effect with not so much luck but this recipe hit it!! I loved the fact that I was able to make these 4 days before christmas with all the baking I had to do, and keep the dough in the fridge until I was ready to use it. What a great added benefit. Excellent recipe!! THANKS For posting Karen